Cabaret - REVIEW!

Hello lovelies, !
Previous cast!

Once again I've got a another review for you! Wolverhampton Grand very kindly invited me back to see the current touring production of 'Cabaret' and once again I had never seen the show before and decided to go in completely free of spoilers!

Partridge as Emcee

As for Cast and Creative, we have John Partridge (Eastenders/Miss Saigon/Chicago) as Emcee, Kara Lily Hayworth (Cilla/Moulin Rouge) as Sally Bowles, Anita Harris (Midsomer Murders/Cats/The Television Machine) as Fraulein Schneider and Charles Hagerty (Cabaret 2017/Bodgyguard/Les Miserables) as Cliff Bradshaw.

The standouts for me were definitely Emcee (Partridge), Sally (Hayworth) and Cliff (Hagerty). Their voices and acting was superb. Don't get me wrong, the whole cast was perfect, but these three in particular really caught my eye. I must admit, I had only seen John in Eastenders and never realised how great his voice was! I was well and truly surprised, in the best way possible. 

As I said, I had never seen Cabaret, so when I was kindly invited, my sister and I guessed it was about doing a Cabaret. Boy were we wrong! The show wasn't at all what I was expecting and that ending, it really shook me to my core. I won't tell you the ending but prepare yourself! 

Now, honestly, I didn’t really understand the show at first, I loved the music but didn't really get it. After Act 1, I had an idea but still wasn't sure. Once I had seen the whole show, and realised what had been happening, it really tugs on your heart strings. The cast did so well playing out the ending. I would have been a mess knowing what was happening!

So to sum up my experience seeing Cabaret for the first time:

Did I enjoy it? Yes

Was it my favourite musical? No, but it wasn't anywhere near my least favourite! 

Would I see it again? Yes! Happily!

My rating? 4.5/5! The cast and crew really are so extremely talented, and its got a perfect mix of comedy and sadness! A showstopper!

And thats my review! I really hope you enjoyed reading and you can click here to go straight to the Wolverhampton Grands website to get ticket for Cabaret, on until Saturday 7th September 2019!

EleanorAbbey xo

Social
Twitter: Wolves Grand
Insta: Wolves Grand

Comments

Popular Posts