The Sound of Music - Review

Hey all!!


I'm back again with another review from my fave theatre, The Grand! I was invited along to see the BKL Production of 'The Sound Of Music"

Now, here's a first, I've actually seen the original film and the live version a few years ago featuring Kara Tointon! So I knew the story/characters/songs etc. Plus, who hasn't sen this film?!?!

Let's start with the lead cast, in no particular order:

Maria - Emile Fleming (Les Mid/Over The Rainbow)
Caption Von Trapp - Andrew Lance (Corrie/The Bill)
Elsa Schrader - Clelia Murphy (Fair City/Spring Awakening)
Mother Abbess - Megan Llewellyn (Phantom of The Opera/Pirates of Penzance)
Max Detweiler - Howard Samuels (Rocky Horror Show/Grease)

I wish I could include everyone in this post but we'd be here all day! Every single person in this production was outstanding to me. Thats not an exaggeration. The only person I will say shone above the rest, ever so slightly, was Megan Llewellyn (Mother Abbess). Her voice was something else. So powerful, I had goosebumps whenever she started to sing. But in general, there was no one I didn't think was fantastic. All the cast should be very proud of show they have produced!

The music was the same as the film, just one song missed out which I loved but didn't feel like it was a big deal! Some songs were places in different scenes than in the film but it different affect the show in any way. I think you always feel extremely happy whenever you hear classics such as Favourite Things, Loanly Goatherd and The Sound of Music! All done and sang so beautifully.

The set was fantastic and very well done. Most of the show was set in the house with the beautiful grand staircase but the transitions between each scene were very smooth and worked very well. I think my favourite pieces of set were the grand staircase and Maria's bedroom.

Let's sum up:

Did I enjoy it? Absolutely!

Would I see it again? 100%!

My rating? 5/5! Highly recommend!!

The Sound of Music is now showing at Wolverhampton Grand till 7th March 2020. Get your tickets here! Thank you so much to the grand for the invite, I am always so incredibly grateful to the PR team for thinking of me.

Speak to you all soon!

EleanorAbbey x

My Socials:

Comments

Popular Posts