Legally Blonde November 2017

LEGALLY BLONDE
NOVEMBER 2017

Oh my god you guys welcome back!

On Tuesday 7th Number, my mom and I took a trip to see Legally Blonde the musical at the Wolverhampton Grand Theatre. I had brought these tickets towards my moms birthday present after she said how much she loved the film. Of course I was thrilled as I saw the musical last year and loved it!

Before we went into the theatre, I treated mom to some tea at The Sun and Beam (as you face the theatre, its to your left!) The food was so affordable and the portions were huge! As we got a lift to and from the theatre, mom decided to have a drink bless her. As I don't drink I stuck to my bog standard boring old diet coke haha! 

Around 6:45 we made our way to the theatre, picked up a programme, had a photo in front of the huge poster (thanks security man!) and had a drink in The Encore Lounge which reminded me so much of CafĂ© Fantasia in Disneyland Paris because of the sheet music wallpaper! Once we drank up, we found our seats (Stalls Q21/Q22) which had an amazing view and took a few pictures. Mom downloaded snapchat and started send me snaps every 5 seconds haha. 

19:30 Struck, the curtain rose and the music started. Oh my god I was gone. I became one of those annoying theatregoers who sings throughout. I just couldn't help it! I've been listening to the soundtrack for so long and if you've listened to it, you know just how feel good and upbeat the songs are! For me, there were four people who stood out to me. The stunning Lucie Jones (Elle Woods), Milo Thatch look alike David Barrett (Emmett Forrest), Corrie and Emmerdale star Bill Ward (Professor Callahan) and Eastenders' Roxy Mitchell,  Rita Simmons (Paulette). I can't praise these guys enough! They all played the roles PERFECTLY! 

Want to know the person who surprised me most with how spectacular their performance was? Rita Simmons as Paulette! I mean I knew she was a brilliant actress but the accent she did was spot on and the singing? I had goosebumps! She exceeded my expectations by miles and miles!! The minute she started singing 'Ireland' my jaw dropped to the floor and I nearly started crying!

I could sit here all day and write how much I love every song, how perfect everyone was in their roles but one scene/song that I adored was actually a new one at the end! It was bits of the most popular songs with everyone in pink graduation outfits to match Elle. It was visually stunning and really ended the show on a high!

Once the show was over, I gave them a standing ovation (obviously), then mom wanted to have her first stage door experience so I took her round where we had the honour and pleasure of meeting Lucie (Elle), David (Emmet), Liam (Warner) Ben (Kyle) + Brooke (Helen Petrofina). Then the security guard said if we went to the front of the theatre, we could meet Bill Ward (Professor Callahan) and sure enough, he came out and spent around 10/15 minutes chatting with us about his work on Corrie, Emmerdale and in theatre.

Overall, it was a fantastic evening and it was  lovely to spend some time together. Mom loved the show and said she would see it again in a heartbeat! Result! 

Thank you so much for reading and I'll leave the link to the Legally Blonde Tour website where you can purchase tickets for the rest of the tour! SNAPS <3

All my love

EleanorAbbey x

Legally Blonde UK Tour Tickets: Click Here
Twitter: EleanorAbbey93
Instagram: EleanorAbbey93

Comments

Popular Posts